2/12/2007

A few photos

Joshua Tree, CA

I didn't get around to putting together a great writeup for today, so I'll just post some images and give a brief synopsis. I'm not certain how many more of the in-depth day-by-day posts I'll do, as I may do more themed posts about thoughts I'm having along the way. We'll see how the writing goes.

I made it to Joshua Tree Friday evening, and it felt like a homecoming. I remembered the coarseness of the rock and the weird structures. Very comfortable. Unfortunately, all weekend long I had bad luck finding partners for trad climbing, so I spent some time bouldering and did some hiking. A couple of awkward bouldering falls spooked me a bit, but hopefully my boldness won't be too long in returning. A long hike Sunday afternoon brought me to a beautiful little alcove surrounded by rocks at least 50' high. A great place to sit and meditate.

I hope to do more trad climbing over the next few days, and will spend the President's Day weekend in LA avoiding the crowds. More posts then.

A scorpion at the rest area near Queen Creek, AZ


First Joshua Tree Sunrise

An interesting rock formation

Dawn on Gunsmoke Traverse, V3


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi James!
I am really, really, happy that you finally hit the road. I wish all the best in your adventure. I am, obviously, very jealous.
Take care of yourself, and keep us all updated.
E